What You Need to Know
- By late June, everyone should have received a bill for fall tuition and fees sent to your Duke email address. If you do not receive a bill, please check your spam/junk folder. You should also be able to see your bill in the DukeHub.
- The amount you owe should be at the bottom of the bill and reflect scholarships and any loans you have accepted. If you are borrowing but you have not accepted your loans, please go into DukeHub and accept the loans you want to accept. You can subtract that amount from what you owe and pay the difference.
Due date is August 1, 2019
- You will get another bill for spring. Remember that financial aid is split between fall and spring.
- Institutional financial aid (scholarships and loans) will not disburse until 10 days prior to the start of class; however, if you have accepted your financial aid the bursar will know that the funds will be coming. You should pay only the difference, if any.
- Go to the Bursar’s office website for instructions on how to pay your bill. A monthly payment plan may be an option; details at the website.
- If you are expecting a refund you need to set up direct deposit. You can do that from DukeHub.
- Assistantships and work-study will not be considered in the amount owed because you have to earn the money first. More information on this during orientation.
If you have questions or problems, please contact Assistant Dean Cynthia Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Borrow only the amount you think you need.
- *Loans can be adjusted at any point.
- *US citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to borrow through the Federal Unsubsidized and/or GradPLUS loan programs. Application is with the FAFSA.
- *You may not receive financial aid in excess of the overall cost of attendance. That includes scholarships, grants, assistantship, work-study, loans. Any outside funding will affect loan amounts and may require an adjustment of other financial aid.
In early summer, fall bills will be available in the DukeHub and are due August 1, 2019. Spring 2020 bills will be prepared in mid-November and will be due in early January 2020. You will receive an email when these are available on DukeHub.
Please review the Student Account Bills page for more information.