>>The summer 2018 dates below are tentative and will be confirmed during the 2018 spring semester.
- Pre-Orientation: August 14-17 (tentative dates)
- Attendance during Pre-Orientation is optional except for students required to take the language exams.
- Orientation Week: August 20-24 (tentative dates)
- Attendance mandatory for all new professional students.
During Orientation, you will begin meetings with faculty, staff, and students to determine your plan of study and course schedule. You will learn more about course registration and advising, certificate and career opportunities, participate in special sessions, and other matters related to your academic studies. The information that you receive during orientation will be crucial to making a successful transition to Duke. All new students are expected to attend Orientation Week. Although we encourage you attend all events and activities, only the required sessions are mandatory.
We will have some social events to help you get to know other new students, the faculty and returning students as well as the staff of the school. Additionally, we will try to allow some time during the week for you to take care of those settling-in details, such as setting up cable and Internet service and buying groceries and time to get to know the Duke and Durham communities.
- Please complete the Social Events RSVP FORM (the form will be available mid-summer 2018).
- The orientation Agenda will be available in mid-summer.