The American Fisheries Society is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
The American Fisheries Society…
- Includes 8,000+ members from around the world, including fisheries managers, biologists, professors, ecologists, aquaculturists, economists, engineers, geneticists, and social scientists
- Promotes scientific research and sustainable management of fisheries resources
- Publishes five of the world’s leading fish journals, and many renowned books
- Organizes scientific meetings where new results are reported and discussed
- Encourages comprehensive education and professional development for fisheries professionals