The Nicholas School of the Environment is committed to helping the best and brightest students get a high-quality environmental education, regardless of their financial resources. To do so, we made a goal to raise $25 million by Earth Day 2020 so that we can increase the amount of financial aid we offer students. To date, we’ve raised a little over $17 million. We still have a lot to raise to meet our target, and we have only a little more than a year left to do it, so we are encouraging everyone to pitch in to help us reach the goal in time.
Here’s how you can help:
- Gifts of any amount can support the Nicholas School’s Annual Fund. This unrestricted fund can be used by the dean to address the school’s highest priority – financial aid. A large portion of Nicholas School Annual Fund is awarded to students in the form of need-based and merit-based financial aid every year.
- For a gift of $5,000 or more, you can support one or more of the Nicholas School’s existing endowment funds. Your generous gift at any level – combined with gifts from other donors – will help us achieve our goal to increase the overall size of the school’s scholarship endowment.
- For a gift of $100,000 or more, you can create an unrestricted endowed scholarship fund that will generate long-term support to help offset tuition costs for professional master’s students at the Nicholas School.
- For a gift of $300,000 or more, you can have an even greater impact and tailor your scholarship to reflect a preference for the recipients’ areas of environmental focus, country, state or region of origin, and other factors.
- For an extraordinary gift of $1.25 million, you can create a named endowed fund that will pay 100% of the tuition costs for one Nicholas School student for a two-year professional degree program.
When you support the Nicholas School Financial Aid Initiative, you will receive information about the impact you are making. Anyone that establishes an endowed scholarship is given the opportunity to meet with the student supported by the scholarship at special events to learn more about their backgrounds, interests, and future plans.
It doesn’t take much to make an impact. If our alumni all gave just $10, we could raise enough money to provide the full cost of a Nicholas School education for one student. Please give what you can to help support the environmental leaders of tomorrow!