In-Demand & Transferrable Skills
The Nicholas School offers the best of both worlds: the practical nature of a professional degree, combined with the specificity of an MS degree. Science, economics, policy, decision-making, and risk analyses are the real-world tools students are taught to employ when examining critical global issues.
- 7 different concentrations
- Combine MEM or MF degrees with concurrent degrees in law, business, policy, teaching or engineering
- Mid-career DEL-MEM online degree
- Access to all courses at Duke, UNC, NCSU, and NCCU
- Curriculum that emphasizes in-demand, transferrable skills that give you career flexibility
- Customize your learning experience to follow your passions
Extensive Financial Aid Program
Dedicated Career Center
Our Career and Professional Development Center staff works directly with students, alumni, and employers to connect outstanding candidates with outstanding opportunities.
- One-on-one career consultations
- Networking opportunities
- Resume-building workshops
- Leveraging 30 years of connections with employers
5,000+ Alumni Across the World Making an Impact
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Location, Location, Location
A progressive community with a unique mix of rich history, pioneering achievements and diverse culture
- "#1 Best City for Millenials" (Forbes 2017)
- "Top 10 places to live"
(US News & World Report)
- Short drive from Washington, DC
- "The South's Tastiest Town"
- Plenty of outdoor activities from hiking to water recreation
Cross-disciplinary research in: atmospheric science; climate change; ecology & conservation; economics, policy & governance; energy; environmental health; forests; geosciences; oceans; sustainability; technology; toxicology; water; wetlands; and more
More than 150 faculty working in more than 75 countries and oceans worldwide
Opportunities for MEM/MF students to work with faculty and PhD students campuswide
At Duke Environment we are driven by a collective passion and thrive on action. We know that together we can make a genuine impact.