The I Am Duke Environment Photo Contest is now closed. Winners will be announced in April.
Are you a Nicholas School of the Environment student, faculty or staff member, alum, board member or donor?
Would you like the chance to win a Sonos One smart speaker or one of four $100 gift certificates to Amazon.com?
Participate in the I am Duke Environment Spring 2018 Photo Contest and show and tell us how YOU are representing Duke Environment!
I am Duke Environment is a photo social media campaign to share the faces and voices of the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University. The I am Duke Environment Photo Contest celebrates the diverse experiences of our Nicholas School community members, locally and globally, and showcases YOU!
March 19 – 30, 2018
- Capture a photo of yourself or others that showcases how you are Duke Environment. Adjust your camera to the highest resolution.
- Fill out our contest submission form and upload your photo.
- Being creative and engaging gives you a better shot at winning.
Up to 5 (FIVE) winners will be awarded: Grand prize and four runners up.
Photo entries must showcase engaging images of individuals affiliated with the Duke Environment community and be accompanied with a brief supporting quotation that creatively explains how the photograph’s subject(s) represent “Duke Environment” in their professional or personal lives.
In other words, show and tell us how you or friends are “forging a sustainable future” wherever you are right now and in whatever you are doing!
You can submit photos of yourself or others; specific guidelines apply to each. To participate in the contest, you must obtain consent for use from all photo subjects and possess full rights to all photos submitted. *Please note that we will not consider photos resubmitted from previous I am Duke Environment photo contests.
General submission guidelines:
- Photos should be of you in your typical workplace environment, out in the field, at home, traveling or volunteering. We are looking for active photos of you doing something, so while we would like to see your face, you do not have to be posed or fully facing the camera!
- Be sure to set your camera to its highest resolution (e.g. 10 MP).
- If a friend takes the photo of you, be sure that they have given you full rights to use the image before you upload it to the contest (see Official Rules and Regulations).
- If the photo is of someone else, you must provide the full names and affiliation with the Nicholas School of all individuals photographed, as well as obtain a relevant quotation from at least one of the subjects.
- Fill our our contest registration form and submit your photos and quotations.
- Individuals can submit more than one photo and quotation; prizes are limited to one per person. Make your photo and quote creative and engaging, and you could win an iPad or a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate!
SUBMIT PHOTO instructions and see more details under the official rules.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope out some sample I am Duke Environment photographs and quotations here for inspiration.