The Nic School Student Council (NSSC) is elected by first year MEM/MFs and serves for two semesters: the spring of their first year, and the fall of their second year at the Nic School.
The 2014-2015 NSSC is keeping busy. See the agenda below…
YOU SHOULD KNOW….
- NSSC Office Hours: NSSC currently meets every Monday evenings from 6.30-7.30 pm. If you would like to bring up an issue or suggestion, please e-mail the appropriate NSSC officer. Come talk to us and share your ideas!
- Suggestion Box: We want to hear your ideas! Please mail your ideas/suggestions/comments and anything at all to Trisha Gopalakrishna at firstname.lastname@example.org
FUNDING for STUDENT GROUPS:
- Funding for Student Groups: Every year in the 2nd semester, the NSSC assists the Dean and administration in distributing funds for all our wonderful student-led organizations. An application form will be sent out to all existing student groups’ leaders some time in the spring.
- If you are starting a NEW student group please see our instructions for applying for funding on the Forms and Documents page. If you have any questions, please email the NSSC Co-Directors.
- Small Fund Allocation: The NSSC has requested funding to support student-led events or activities that you or your student group are putting together. Up to $100 can be allotted to individuals, and up to $300 is available to student groups. The form to apply for this funding can also be found on our Forms and Documents page. Please email the NSSC Treasurer if you have questions.
The 2014-2015 NSSC agenda includes:
- Earth Day 2015 (Spring 2015)
- Building an informative “Nickipedia”
- Field Day 2015 (Fall 2015)
- Admitted Students 2015 Mentor Program (Summer 2015)
- Pod Program 2015 to help admitted students settle into graduate school life at Nicholas (Fall 2015)
- Concentration based networking and MP advice workshops (Fall 2015)
- Fostering connections to other Duke graduate schools
- Supporting events to incorporate the diversity of cultures represented at the Nicholas School
- Represent the Nic School to the faculty, GPSC, and the university on behalf of the NSSC professional students