EI&E Students have launched some very cool and innovative ventures, including:
- Integrated Teratronics (Duke Pratt School of Engineering)
- microElastic Ultrasound Systems Inc.
- Model Earth, Inc.
- Aspire Engineering
- Anaerobic Digestion Pasteurization System (ADPS)
- Canopy Scientific
The Canopy Scientific team works with landowners to compare aerial measurements of forests to ground-based plots. With the drone, Canopy Scientific can measure the size and composition of the forest much more quickly and accurately than a standard field survey. The technology has applications in forestry and conservation. This project was partially funded by the Nicholas School Summer Grant Program for Entrepreneurship.
Rangeland Solutions is a social business that trains African pastoralists in livestock management to improve their livelihoods and the environment.
- Darkpod/RENCI (UNC/Duke Computer Science)
- Gauging river water discharge
- The Clarity Project
- Venture farming