With rain in the forecast Saturday, here is a reminder that recognition ceremonies will go on as scheduled unless weather intensifies to severe thunderstorms and high winds.
The Spring 2019 Place-based Schedule.
The final 2019 schedule will be available in spring 2019 and can be found at DEL Graduation Page along with other graduation events and activities.
Required Days: Thursday, May 9 and Friday, May 10
Graduation/Leadership PBS, May 9-12
|Thursday, May 9 and Friday, May 10||Leadership Wrap-up & MP Presentations||All Day
Grainger Hall/Field Auditorium
|DEL-MEM||Parking available Bryan Center Visitor Lot (PGIV) > MAP
|Friday, May 10||Graduation Reception||Afternoon
Grainger Hall/Wegner Art Gallery
|Same as above.||Parking available in Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Saturday, May 11||NSOE Recognition Ceremony; RSVP to attend||9:00-11:00am; line-up at 8:15am
Chemistry Lot, West Campus
|MEM, MF, DEL-MEM, NSOE PhD, MA and MS||Tickets not required; RSVP to attend. Parking available in Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Saturday, May 11||Reception for NSOE Recognition Ceremony||11:00-12:30pm
Grainger Hall/2nd Floor & Patio
|Same as above.||Tickets not required; Parking in the Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Sunday, May 12||University-wide Commencement Ceremony||9:30-11:30am; line-up 8:15am; procession of candidates at 9:00am
Wallace Wade Stadium, West Campus
|All spring graduates
(this includes September and December 2018 grads)
|See the Duke Commencement Website for more info and Student information|
If there are any updates, students will be notified via their Duke email address. If you’d like a hardcopy, bring one with you. Note: we will not be in our usual classroom in the LSRC, but rather Field Auditorium in Grainger Hall (the building right next to the LSRC).
- The NSOE Graduation site has info about alumni benefits, the student exit evaluation, and other graduation details.
- Student instructions for the Nicholas School ceremony can be found here.
- Parking: For Thursday and Friday, your best bet will be the Bryan Center Parking Garage (map attached), but as it is a busy week, it cannot be guaranteed. The Circuit Lot (at the corner of LaSalle and Circuit) may be open for guests, and would be worth a look before you head over to Bryan Center. It’s right across the street from Grainger Hall. Please allow yourself plenty of time each morning to park and walk to Grainger Hall to be on time for our sessions. General Duke parking information during Commencement week can be found here.
- NSOE Recognition Ceremony
- Bring your Duke ID card
- Pack your DEL coffee mug and water bottle.
- Thursday afternoon off-site will be casual; please feel free to bring a change of clothes with you to campus on Thursday morning.
- While you are busy in sessions on Thursday and Friday, have your family visit the Duke Gardens, Brightleaf Square for shopping, or the Eno River for a few of Durham’s nature trails.
- For you, your family and guests, a list of Durham restaurants > Durham Restaurants 2017
- Directions from Bryan Center Parking Garage to Field Auditorium
Hashtags to share your graduation experience with family, friends, colleagues: #NewNicAlumni, #nicschool19