Student/Trainee Abstract Submissions
We are excited to invite students and trainees who participate in research relevant to this year’s topic to submit abstracts to the 2020 Marine Medicine Symposium: Oceans and Human Health! Selected abstracts will be included in the Symposium’s virtual poster session, which will feature a virtual poster gallery and short video presentations.
Abstracts must be submitted by September 25, 2020, via the online submission form in order to be considered. (NOTE: If you previously submitted an abstract which was accepted for the symposium originally planned for Spring 2020 AND you have since committed to preparing a poster for the October symposium, you do NOT need to re-submit your abstract.)
Abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If your poster is selected, you will be asked to prepare a digital poster and a short (5-10 minute) video presentation to accompany your poster, with a submission deadline for both of October 16 – more detailed instructions will be provided upon confirmation.
Submission is open to current students (high school, undergraduate, graduate, professional, medical) or postdoc trainees
- All abstracts MUST be submitted through the online abstract submission form (abstracts sent by email, mail, or other means will not be accepted)
- Abstracts should adhere to the highest quality standards, with correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- The primary author should be the individual submitting the abstract
- 3,000 character limit
- Define non-standard acronyms/abbreviations
- Do not use headers such as “Introduction”, “Background”, etc.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 25, 2020, 5:00 pm Eastern standard time
- Email Acceptance Notifications: Abstracts will be accepted on a rolling basis, you will be notified no later than October 2, 2020 (the sooner you submit, the sooner you’ll know!)
- Poster Submission Deadline: October 16, 2020, 5:00 pm Eastern Eastern standard time
- Marine Medicine Symposium: Oceans and Human Health: Friday, October 30, 2020
Ready to submit?
Click HERE to go to the online abstract submission form!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT send emails inquiring about the review or acceptance status of your abstract; all notifications will be sent by email by Friday, October 2, 2020.