Dear Duke Student:
- Please go to your DukeHub account to either submit the details of your alternate existing insurance coverage OR confirm enrollment through Duke’s Student Medical Insurance Plan (SMIP).
- Be sure to have your insurance information handy prior to completing the enrollment process.
Step 1. Log into DukeHub
ID cards will be sent to the address of record. All documents from Blue Cross Blue Shield will be mailed to this address
Step 2. Select the “Forms & Requests” tab
Step 3. Under the “Health Insurance” category, select the “waive, enroll, or view your status” link and complete the enrollment process.
- Please note that paying the insurance charge on your Bursar account does not automatically enroll you in the plan at that time.
- This charge and coverage by Duke may be removed if you provide adequate proof of coverage under an alternate health insurance plan that meets the University’s coverage criteria.
- If you do not enter your decision, you will be automatically enrolled in the SMIP for the period. The insurance charge will remain on your Bursar account and you will receive your enrollment information and card.
If you are an international student holding an F1 or J1 Visa, enrollment in the SMIP is mandatory. No action is required on your part.
This criteria, as well as general information about the SMIP, may be found on the Student Health website at the following address:
- The Duke SMIP will continue to be administered by BCBS of North Carolina.
- Full plan details, rates, a schedule of benefits, dependent enrollment information and more information are available at the following website: https://www.bcbsnc.com/ duke
- If you have questions about the plan, please contact Student Blue at 800-579-8022, or send an email to: email@example.com
- If you have questions about the enrollment process, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.