The Walk & Talk program seeks to strengthen the NSOE community by encouraging faculty and staff to cultivate new and meaningful connections over coffee or tea.
To encourage participation, the program provides free beverage vouchers to those who register.
This program is open to all NSOE faculty, post doctoral fellows, and staff members.
- Invite an NSOE member that you don’t know well out for coffee or tea.
- Register your meetup via the registration link below. **
- The program will then email the beverage vouchers with further instructions.
**Please note that in-person meetups are subject to change depending on the COVID guidelines set by Duke University.
- Vouchers cover one beverage purchase per participant.
- Participants cannot purchase alcohol with the voucher.
- Students are ineligible to participate.
Click here to register.
Who is eligible to participate?
All NSOE faculty, post doctoral fellows, and staff are welcome to participate!
How should interested participants invite one another?
The program strongly encourages participants to invite others through a simple conversation, text, or email.
Can I invite multiple members to the meetup?
Something came up and we must reschedule. What should I do?
Not a problem! Reschedule your meeting with the intended party and notify the program via the contact information below.
This semester I will be at the marine lab in Beaufort — can I still participate?
Yes, you can! Please select the Beaufort option on the registration form.
Contact: Jessica Brooks, Community and Communications Fellow