Bleed Blue. Live Green.
Duke University is committed to leadership in environmental stewardship and sustainability on our campus, in our medical institutions, and in the larger community of which we are a part. As a graduate student, we need YOUR participation to fully achieve the university’s sustainability goals. Your actions and choices affect our school and the surrounding Durham community.
Here is the essential sustainability information you need:
Sustainable Duke Pledge
- Did you know that Duke has committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2024? Support Duke’s effort to reduce its carbon footprint. Students are encouraged to Take the Sustainability Pledge at: www.sustainability.duke.edu.
The Graduate Green Book
- The Green Book is your 101 to green living at and around Duke. View the Green Book online.
Getting Around Without a Car
- The majority of Duke students don’t bring a car to campus. There are easier and faster options available, explained in this video.
Local, Organic Food
- Durham is a foodie city. Support local farmers by volunteering at the Duke Campus Farm, joining a CSA, and shopping the Duke and Durham farmers’ markets.
- Find out how graduate and professional students can get more involved in campus sustainability efforts.