- Language Exams: August 16
- Language Exams for students whose first language is not English; locations and groups
- POD Activity: August 19
- See POD leader for time and location
- Orientation Days: August 20-21
- Attendance mandatory for all new professional students
- Optional Orientation Days: August 22-24
- All activities Wednesday through Friday are optional for all new professional students.
- Please complete the ORIENTATION RSVP FORM.
- The ORIENTATION SCHEDULE will be available in mid-summer.
- Expanded Session Descriptions for Orientation Week
You might want to download the DukeMobile App, to your smart phone or mobile device which features helpful resources on dining, events, safety and more! Search for DukeMobile in the iTunes or Google Play stores or type “m.duke.edu” in your mobile device’s browser.
During Orientation, you will begin meetings with faculty, staff, and students to determine your plan of study and course schedule. You will learn more about course registration and advising, certificate and career opportunities, participate in special sessions, and other matters related to your academic studies. The information that you receive during orientation will be crucial to making a successful transition to Duke. Although we encourage you attend all events and activities, only the required sessions are mandatory.
All new students are expected to attend Orientation Week – especially Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21.
We will have some social events to help you get to know other new students, the faculty and returning students as well as the staff of the school. Additionally, we will try to allow some time during the week for you to take care of those settling-in details, such as setting up cable and Internet service and buying groceries and time to get to know the Duke and Durham communities.