- Pre-Orientation: August 16
- Language Exams for students whose first language is not English; locations and groups
- Orientation Days: August 20-21
- Attendance mandatory for all new professional students.
- Optional Orientation Days: August 22-24
- All activities Wednesday through Friday are optional for all new professional students.
During Orientation, you will begin meetings with faculty, staff, and students to determine your plan of study and course schedule. You will learn more about course registration and advising, certificate and career opportunities, participate in special sessions, and other matters related to your academic studies. The information that you receive during orientation will be crucial to making a successful transition to Duke. Although we encourage you attend all events and activities, only the required sessions are mandatory.
All new students are expected to attend Orientation Week – especially Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21.
We will have some social events to help you get to know other new students, the faculty and returning students as well as the staff of the school. Additionally, we will try to allow some time during the week for you to take care of those settling-in details, such as setting up cable and Internet service and buying groceries and time to get to know the Duke and Durham communities.
- Please complete the Social Events RSVP FORM (the form will be available mid-summer 2018).
- The orientation Agenda will be available in mid-summer.