Please feel free to dress in business casual attire for our course. We recommend that you bring a light sweater or jacket to wear in the conference room for your comfort. We will provide lunches, light refreshments during breaks, and beverages (coffee, tea, and water) all day.
You are encouraged to bring your tablet or computer to the sessions – you can access wireless services through a guest connection. The agenda contains links to available presentation materials; it will be helpful to access this electronically while you are in class. You will also receive a small folder of printed materials including an agenda and instructor list.
Note: It is highly recommended that you read through the presentations available on the Agenda page before the start of the course.
Pre-Course Reading Assignments:
- Case study: Blue Devil Case 2017
- Portfolio Planning Spreadsheet
- RISI Summary of Global Timberland Investments
- News summary of the 2015 FAO Global Forest Assessment
- Executive Summary associated with the 2010 RPA Assessment
- Blackrock Global Investment Outlook 2017
- Zinkhan and Cubbage, Financial Analysis of Timber Investments (Chapter 6), in Sills and Abt (eds.), Forests in a Market Economy, Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003 (PDF)
Please read the following in advance of Bret Vicary’s session: