Current Training Opportunities at Duke
Research experience for undergraduate and master’s students – We currently have spots for full-time summer interns in the fields of biology, chemistry, psychology, neuroscience, engineering, and environmental sciences. There are also opportunities to be involved in the Center’s research translation and community outreach efforts. Please click the link below to open the document containing the descriptions for each of the opportunities. The deadline for applications has been extended to April 1st (previously March 15, 2013).
You can read about the work of our interns from 2012 by reading their blog posts on this website. For more information about the internships, please contact Dr. Ed Levin by email (email@example.com).
Other Training Opportunities
Summer Internship Opportunities at National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH) and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) are offering paid 10-week summer internship programs for students who are passionate about the environment, interested in human health, and curious about how they are linked. During the course of the internship, students are introduced to environmental health at the federal level through collaborative projects, experiential learning opportunities, environmental health presentations, journal clubs, field trips, brown bag lunches, and mentoring relationships at NCEH/ATSDR. Interns will be based at NCEH/ATSDR’s Chamblee, GA Campus.
For more information, please visit the program web sites:
Collegiate Leaders in Environmental Health (www.cdc.gov/nceh/cleh)
- Open to all undergraduate students who are enrolled in school fulltime and will be a rising junior or rising senior by fall 2013.
- Application deadline: January 30th, 2013
- Contact: CLEH@cdc.gov
Summer Program in Environmental Health (www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/SUPEH)
- Open to students who are enrolled fulltime in EHAC-accredited Environmental Health programs as a rising junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Application deadline: February 15th, 2013
- Contact: EHInternship@cdc.gov
Graduate Environmental Health program (www.cdc.gov/nceh/geh)
- Open to graduate students who are currently enrolled in a degree granting program. Students graduating in Spring 2013 are eligible for this opportunity.
- Application deadline: February 27th, 2013
- Contact: GEH@cdc.gov