Here are places to look for some of the questions that will come up as you proceed through life as a Nicholas PhD student:
Start with our Handbooks and How-To’s page, which includes existing compilations of information you need to know as a student at NSOE, Duke graduate student, PhD student in your department, etc.
Here are a few resources sometimes left out of these handbooks and lists:
- Funding opportunities for NSOE PhD students
- Duke University Libraries Research Support: about much more than just sources of literature; includes on-demand one-on-one help for your problems with R and other data-related needs, workshops in data visualization including with ArcGIS, and more.
- NSOE Marketing and Communications: help with press releases, web design, etc.
- University Center for Activities and Events: information about a lot of fun stuff that Duke will help you do for free, like creating art and media, and event and conference planning.
- Resources for volunteering in STEM as a Duke graduate student (student-curated)
Also check out our:
- Taxes guide for help with filing income taxes and related financial issues
- Career resources for NSOE PhD students guide
- Events created just for NSOE PhD students, like orientation and the Graduate Afternoon Seminar.
We are working to make this website useful and up-to-date. What’s missing? Broken link? Contact an NPAC representative.