←Bidding adieu to Kelly Howell- our remote sensing technician/IDL programmer- sad to see her go!
↓Connectivity between habitat remnants for critically endangered primate, Callicebus oenanthe, in San Martin, Peru. Presented at the 2nd Simposio de Primatologia en el Peru (Iquitos, November 2013) & at the Remote Sensing for Conservation Symposium (London, May 2014) Schaffer-Smith, Swenson, Bóveda-Penalba, Murrieta-Villalobos
- Jan 2015 NSF dissertation enhancement grant to Danica Schaffer Smith for migratory shorebird habitat research in central California
Papers recently published:
- Gonzalez-Roglich et al. january! 2015 Woody plant-cover dynamics in Argentine savannas from the 1880s to 2000s: the interplay of encroachment and agriculture conversion at varying scales Ecosystems.
- Gonzalez-Roglich et al. 2014. Shifting carbon pools along a woody plant gradient in encroached Argentine savannas. Forest Ecology & Management.
- Shrub encroachment in Argentine steppe; C consequences (NASA/NSF to Gonzalez-Roglich 2010-2013, AGU 2013)
- Fragmentation/Connectivity analysis for a narrowly endemic primate, San Martin, Peru (GeoEye, Planet Action to Schaffer-Smith; ATBC presentation June 2013)
- Spatiotemporal Variability of Inland Waterbodies Along the Pacific Flyway Using 30+ Years of Landsat (NASA to Schaffer-Smith 2013-2016)
- Mapping tree mortality in central Texas from 2011 drought (USDA ; w/ R. Jackson, D. Johnson, A. Schwantes, IALE Spring 2013)
- Quantifying Drought-Induced Tree Mortality at Multiple Scales Across Texas: Regional Carbon Cycling, Biophysics, and Regime Shifts (NASA to Schwantes, 2013-2016)
- LAI for unmanaged forests in the SE- soil moisture and pheonology (DOE w/ Domec and Palmroth)
- Regime shifts in pristine Amazon lakes traced with remote sensing (w/ Belcon, Terborgh, Davenport, Baker)
- Analysis of MODIS near-daily imagery for phenological tracking of deciduous forests, NC (NC-Space)
Some Duke links: