The Spring 2017 Place-based Schedule is available here >> DEL Graduation Schedule_Student_051117
> Required: May 11-12
Graduation/Leadership PBS, May 11-14
|Thursday, May 11 and Friday, May 12||Leadership Wrap-up & MP Presentations||All Day
Environment Hall/Field Auditorium
|DEL-MEM||Parking available Bryan Center Visitor Lot (PGIV) > MAP
|Friday, May 12||Graduation Reception||Afternoon
Environment Hall/Wegner Art Gallery
|DEL-MEM||Parking available in Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Saturday, May 13||NSOE Recognition Ceremony; RSVP to attend||9:00-11:00am; line up at 8:15am
Chemistry Lot, West Campus
|MEM, MF, DEL-MEM, NSOE PhD, and JD/MA||Tickets not required; RSVP to attend. Parking available in Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Saturday, May 13||Reception for NSOE Recognition Ceremony||11:00-12:30pm
Environment Hall/2nd Floor & Patio
|MEM, MF, DEL-MEM, NSOE PhD, and JD/MA||Tickets not required; Parking in the Circuit Lot > MAP|
|Sunday, May 14||University-wide Commencement Ceremony||9:30-11:30am; line up 8:15am
Wallace Wade Stadium, West Campus
|All spring graduates||See the Duke Commencement Website for more info.|
All of the below information, and the most current NS and Duke Graduation information and links can also be found here.
- The schedule is attached. If there are any updates, I will be sure to post the most current version here. If you’d like a hardcopy, bring one with you. Note: we will not be in our usual classroom in the LSRC, but rather Field Auditorium in Environment Hall (the building right next to the LSRC).
- The NSOE Graduation site has info about alumni benefits, the student exit evaluation, and other graduation details. Student instructions for the Nicholas School ceremony can be found here.
- Parking: As we’ve mentioned, parking will be at a premium. For Thursday and Friday, your best bet will be the Bryan Center Parking Garage (map attached), but as it’s a busy week, it cannot be guaranteed. The Circuit Lot (at the corner of LaSalle and Circuit) may be open for guests, and would be worth a look before you head over to Bryan Center. It’s right across the street from Environment Hall. Please allow yourself plenty of time each morning to park and walk to Environment Hall to be on time for our sessions. General Duke parking information during Commencement week can be found here.
- Bring your Duke ID card
- Pack your DEL coffee mug and water bottle.
- Thursday afternoon off-site will be casual; please feel free to bring a change of clothes with you to campus on Thursday morning.
- While you are busy in sessions on Thursday and Friday, have your family visit the Duke Gardens, Brightleaf Square for shopping, or the Eno River for a few of Durham’s nature trails.
- For you, your family and guests, a list of Durham restaurants > Durham Restaurants 2017
- Directions from Bryan Center Parking Garage to Field Auditorium
If special accommodations are needed, contact Cindy Peters at email@example.com no later than April 28.
Please don’t forget to do your To-Do’s to include but not limited to:
- Apply to graduate in the DukeHub
- RSVP for graduation
- Submit your graduation checklist
Hashtags to share your graduation experience with family, friends, colleagues: #NewNicAlumni, #nicschool17