Office of Development & Alumni Relations (ODAR)
Graduation Gift to You!
When: Saturday, May 13, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Environment Hall, Wegner Art Gallery
- Photo Booth and Social Media Kiosk – Take fun, festive photos with family and friends and share immediately through Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (@DukeEnvironment, #DukeEnvironment and #NicAlumni)
- Graduation Gift – Pick up your “Welcome to the Nicholas School Alumni Community” notebook made with recycled materials
Duke University Alumni Association (DAA) Information
As you transition to being a Duke University alumni, there are some things you need to know. Be sure to visit the University Alumni Benefits website for complete details!
Duke Alumni Send-off: Alumni Card & Gift Distribution
May 2017 grads, please stop by the Penn Pavilion to collect your alumni card and gift from Duke Alumni Association. The Blue Devil will be on hand for pictures, and representatives from DAA will be there to answer any questions you have about being a Duke alum and being #ForeverDuke!
- Date: Thursday, May 11
- Time: 3:30-5:30pm
- Location: Penn Pavilion
- Date: Friday, May 12
- Time: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Location: Penn Pavilion
Forever Duke Commencement Party
Celebrate your new status as a Duke alum with family, friends, and guests. The Forever Duke party features snacks, beverages and a DJ. The event is sponsored by DAA and Duke University Stores.
- Date: Saturday, May 13
- Time: 8:00-11:00pm
- Location: Blue Zone, IM2 [MAP]
All graduates are invited to bring their families and guests to celebrate their new status as Duke alumni. The party, in the first lot of the Blue Zone, will feature snacks, beverages and a DJ. The event is sponsored by the Duke Alumni Association and Duke University Stores.
- The event will not take place if weather is inclement.
- Tickets are not required for this event.
One Network. 160,000 alumni. Infinite possibilities.
Graduating from Duke means joining one of the most powerful alumni networks in the world, a global community of 160,000 fellow Dukies who are eager to help you find professional opportunities, settle into new communities, and stay connected to Duke. DAA’s new website, alumni.duke.edu, is the key to accessing all the benefits of being a Duke alum. In the weeks after graduation, new grads will be invited to log in, update their profiles and start connecting with alumni and groups around the world. Be sure to update your address so you get information about the Duke alumni chapter where you live.
Stay connected to Duke on Social Media
- Facebook Group: Facebook
- Twitter: @DukeAlumni and @DukeAlumniVideo
- Instagram: @DukeAlumni
Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC)
Our dedication to your success does not end when you cross the stage at graduation. As alumni, you will always be a treasured part of our community!
Here are 8 ways to tap into our network and enhance your career:
- Consult with Career Center staff for advice on your career transition.
- Join our LinkedIn Community. You’ll get access to thousands of our alumni, faculty, and staff, as well as informative tips and job updates relevant to careers in the environment and natural resources. Regional subgroups help you engage with those in your area.
- Find entry-level jobs on Duke Environment Career Link. Email us to get an account. For mid-to-senior level jobs, join our LinkedIn Jobs & Opportunities subgroup.
- Get your lifetime Duke email address. This @alumni.duke.edu address can be used to forward messages no matter how often you change jobs or email providers. Register for yours today.
- Find interns, employees, or consultants for your organization. The Career Center can help you develop internships, take advantage of pro bono student consulting, and recruit top-quality candidates.
- Coach current students. Contact us to discuss opportunities to build relationships with students or foster partnerships between your organization and the Nicholas School.