Join us May 2-3, 2017 in London, England!
Venue: Park Plaza Victoria Hotel, London, England
- Early Registration (on or before April 17, 2017) – $1,250
- Standard Registration (on or after April 18, 2017) – $1,500
- Duke University Alumni Registration Rate (10% discount) – $1,125
Timberland-investment professionals in developmental stages of their careers and forestry, accounting, legal, and conservation professionals who interact with them; investment analysts, portfolio managers, financial planners, and trust officers who make decisions regarding timberland assets; and public-policy officials who desire to better understand institutional timberland managers.
Continuing Education Credits will be available for some professional fields (SAF CFEs, CLE credits, etc). For more information, please contact the NS Exec Ed program.
Classroom sessions may be subject to modification. For the most updated agenda, please contact the NS Exec Ed program.
Experienced managers of timberland investment management organizations, attorneys, and Duke professors describe and analyze the global opportunity set of investments, trends, alternative strategies and tactics, timber-market fundamentals, the development of markets in ecological services, financial reporting and tax considerations, risk management, and financial criteria for assessing alternatives—all in a case format. Course will include a topical panel discussion with professionals.
Day 1 – Timberland Investment Fundamentals
9am – 4pm: Classroom sessions include:
- Participants, Opportunity Sets, and Trends: Global Timberland Investment Opportunities – Chris Zinkhan, Chief Executive Officer, The Forestland Group LLC
- Investment Fund Structuring – Tom Johnson, Managing Director, Timberland Investment Resources LLC
- Why Include Timberland in an Investment Portfolio? Criteria for Assessing Alternatives – Thomas Bentzen, Due Diligence Manager, The International Woodland Company
- Undertaking Due Diligence on the Prospective Timberland-investment Opportunity – Blake Stansell, Sr Vice Present, The Forestland Group LLC; and Victor Haley, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
- Timberland Valuation: Issues and Trends – Bret P. Vicary, Vice President, James W. Sewall Co.
4 – 7 pm: Panel Discussion and Networking social event
Day 2 – Assessing individual properties and timberland portfolios
8am – 4pm: Classroom sessions include:
- Income Tax Considerations of Timberland Investments – Daniel R. McKeithen, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
- Timberland Financial Reporting – Corey Ficke, Ernst & Young
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the Global Timberland Sector – Willem Enthoven, Managing Director, FBR & Co.; Tom Blake, Managing Director, Pöyry Capital Limited; Celedonio Moncayo, Pöyry Capital Limited
- Assessing International Opportunities – Tony Cascio, Director, Client Account Management, Hancock Timber Resource Group
- Income Opportunities Beyond Timber Sales – Ricardo Bayon, Encourage Capital
6:30pm – 8pm: Networking Reception in conjunction with RISI Forestland Investment conference participants.
Lead Instructor: F. Christian Zinkhan, Chief Executive Officer, The Forestland Group LLC
Lead Faculty Sponsor: Jeffrey Vincent, Stanback Dean and Korstian Professor in Forest Economics and Management, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University
HOTEL: The NS Exec Ed program has negotiated a course participant rate of £149.00 single/night plus tax, at the Park Plaza Victoria Hotel, including breakfast, for the nights of May 1&2.
To receive this rate, bookings must be made prior to April 8, 2017, so please book early on our exclusive online reservation site.
We accept credit cards and checks payable to Duke University Conference Services (mail to DEL: Timberland Investments for Professionals, 0066 Bryan University Center, Box 90841, Durham, NC 27708-0841).
Payment is due upon receipt of invoice or no less than 15 days before the start of the course. Failure to make payment arrangements 15 days prior to the start of the course may result in the forfeit of your seat and you will be held responsible for the full tuition of the course. Future registrations will not be accepted from individuals with unpaid invoices. See http://nicholas.duke.edu/del/executive-education-faqs for details. Contact the Laura Lipps of the NS Executive Education Program at 919-613-8715 for payment assistance.
Course certificates will not be provided until payment is received.
General Course Policies
Payment is due upon receipt of invoice or no less than 15 days before the start of the course. If special arrangements must be made for payment due to agency requirements, you must contact our office no less than 15 days prior to the start of the course at email@example.com to complete and submit a payment due notice form.
Failure to make payment arrangements 15 days prior to the start of the course may result in the forfeit of your seat and you will be held responsible for the full tuition of the course. Future registrations will not be accepted from individuals with unpaid invoices.
Course certificates will not be provided until payment is received.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
All speakers and companies listed have confirmed their participation. If for unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances a speaker cannot attend, instructional time will be filled with comparable instructors. If a course is canceled due to insufficient registrations, tuition will be refunded. Duke cannot be held responsible for travel costs or arrangements made by participants.
Cancellation of registration requires 15 days written notice prior to course start date in order to receive a refund (please submit notification to firstname.lastname@example.org). Individuals who do not attend and fail to send written notice prior to the deadline will be charged the full tuition. You may send a substitute to attend the course in your place. However, a $100.00 administrative fee will be assessed for this change, regardless of when written notice is submitted. Any cancellation or substitute request must be received in writing.
- 15 or more days prior to the course start date – Full tuition refund, minus a $100 administrative fee.
- Less than 15 days prior to the course start date – Full tuition is assessed and a refund is forfeited.
- Substitute within your organization can attend in your place for an additional $100.00 administrative fee.
In order to receive a refund, you must cancel your registration (in writing to email@example.com) by 5:00 pm on the refund deadline date for the course.
Hotel Block Policy
All rates include breakfast and WIFI (up to 256KB). Double occupancy available at £10.00 plus VAT per person, per night, supplement. All rooms must be booked under the landing page. Cancellation Policy: 7 days prior to the arrival date. Any cancellations after 7 days or any no show will be subject to 100% charge of the room rate and will be charged to the individual guest’s credit card.