**Distinctions between ITEHP-admitted students and Certificate students.
1. Students must complete all of the required courses in the first three years of Graduate School.
Required courses are:
- Pharm 533 – Essentials of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Drug Discovery
- Students must take either Pharm 554 (Mammalian Toxicology) OR ENV 501 (Environmental Toxicology).
- Pharm 847-S (fall) and 848-S (spring) or ENV 847- S (fall) and ENV 848-S (spring) – Seminar in Toxicology (cross listed)
- Pharm 815 or ENV 815 – Focused Topics in Toxicology (cross listed)
- Pharm 733 – Statistics for Basic Biomedical Scientists
In addition to completing the Program’s required course work and meeting the Departmental requirements, the following requirements must be met:
- The candidate’s thesis advisor must be a member of the Program.
- At least two members of the candidate’s thesis committee (including their advisor) must be members of the Program.
- A candidate admitted to the Ph.D. program directly by the ITEHP must complete three lab rotations in his/her first year of study. The rotations must include laboratories in at least two different departments, and two different schools. **A candidate certifying in Toxicology who was admitted through another Ph.D. program will follow the rotation rules of the admitting Program.
- The candidate must present a seminar on their dissertation work to the Program (contact Dr. Edward Levin firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your seminar). This is usually done in your last year.
PDF version of this page: ITEHP Certificate Program Requirements