DEL-MEM Class of 2014 Graduation collage by Sherri Nevius

“Welcome to the Duke Nicholas School of the Environment DEL-MEM program.  My name is Erin – we were paired up as Mentor/Mentee for the next year. I hope you will enjoy the program as much as I have this last year. Everyone looks out for each other. You will make life-long friends. And, the program is fantastic – the educators and classes are first class. As your mentor, I will do my best to provide insight on what to expect and how to prepare for classes. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any question – big or small. Also, I am here to listen if you just need to talk something through. The program is a ton of work, I won’t sugar coat it. That said, I have yet to take a class that was not worth the time and effort…”   — Erin A., DEL-MEM Class of 2014

In May, second-year DEL-MEM students traveled to Duke University for one last place-based session.  They presented their master’s projects (two years in the making!), reflected on their leadership journey, and participated in graduation festivities. As always, it’s been a pleasure to get to know each of these students…academically, professionally, and personally. For those who doubt that learning online can be both personal and profound, take a closer look at the images and message above! Congratulations, DEL-MEM Class of 2014.