↑ Return to Resources

Funding Your Education

If you are a US citizen and plan to apply for any of the federal student loans, you should do so as soon as possible to assure that your funds will be received by the Nicholas School by the beginning of the fall semester. If you have not done so already, you will need to complete the FAFSA and submit it to the Department of Education for processing. You may do this on-line at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please request that your report be sent to the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University (code number E00163). Upon receipt of this report, the Nicholas School will determine your loan eligibility and will send to you an award letter and a master promissory note. Since it can take a significant amount of time for a loan application to be processed by a lender, you should apply as soon as possible. If you have questions about student loans, you should address them to Cynthia Peters, Assistant Dean for Academic & Enrollment Services. She can be reached by e-mail at petersca@duke.edu or by telephone at 919-613-8070. Please indicate that you are a DEL-MEM student.

Outside Scholarship Opportunities >

Billing and Payment Information

The Bursar’s Office issues statements on a regular basis. These statements provide information regarding payments received, charges incurred, and pending financial aid. Statements for graduate and professional students are available through ACES in the finance section. To change an address or view your statement online, visit ACES. If your organization or agency is paying your …

View page »

Financial Aid Checklist

1. Students may manage their financial aid accounts in ACES (under financial aid). Your Duke NetID and password is required to login. 2. Students are encouraged to accept or reject financial aid awards in ACES as soon as possible (if you haven’t done so already). 3. Students who accepted loans for tuition purposes must complete …

View page »