Nicholas School students register for classes using the Duke University on-line registration system known as the DukeHub. Students may access course information, financial aid and account information, personal data and other types of information through the DukeHub. In order to access the DukeHub, you must have an active Duke NetID and password in order to login. The first thing you will be required to do is provide contact and mailing information. Make sure that your mailing address is current and accurate. That is the address the university uses for all official mailings. You can update most of your personal information online at any time. Please take special care to safeguard this information and change your password the first time you access the Web.
In the DukeHub, most of the Nicholas School’s courses will appear under the ENVIRON and EOS course abbreviations. You can also view courses in all other Duke departments and schools from the course schedule in the DukeHub. Fall course registration for continuing students begins Wednesday, April 5 and for new students on Thursday, August 24 at 7:00am (in the DukeHub). >>
- 2017 Fall Course Schedule NSOE
- What’s New Fall 2017
- Permission Number Request Form (new students can submit beginning Monday, August 21; forms submitted before August 21 will NOT be considered)
- Course Registration Handbook 2017-2018
The Nicholas School has a tiered registration process.
- Continuing students may register for up to 12 credits beginning Wednesday, April 5 through Friday, August 25.
- New students may register for up to 12 credits beginning Thursday, August 24 through Friday, August 25 at 9:59am.
- New students will learn more about course registration during orientation week.
- Then, on Friday, August 25 at 10:00am, all students (continuing and new) may register for up to 15 credits.
- If additional credits are needed, the student must get their academic advisor’s written consent on the Course Overload Request Form.
- The drop/add course registration period in the DukeHub will end on Friday, September 8. Once the drop/add course registration period ends on September 8, students can only withdraw from enrolled classes.
Eligible to Enroll vs. Not Eligible to Enroll in the DukeHub
In the earlier part of the summer, incoming student records will be marked as “not eligible to enroll” in the DukeHub. Later in the summer, the status will change to “eligible to enroll.” Even though students will be marked eligible to enroll in the DukeHub, new students are still expected to attend group advising sessions during Orientation and schedule individual advising appointments with their coursework during Orientation and through the first week of classes. More details about course registration will be provided later in the summer.
- University Academic Calendar (includes semester start/end dates, holidays, breaks, etc.)
- The course/semester dates for courses taught in the Duke Law School and the Fuqua School of Business are sometimes different than university academic calendar. Students taking courses in these two schools should be sure to pay close attention to the calendar dates and plan accordingly especially around the beginning and end of the semesters.
Handouts & Announcements
- Fuqua School of Business
- Fall 2017 Schedule for Non-MBAs at Fuqua (Fall 2017 Fuqua Course List for Non-MBAs)
Schedules & Catalog
DukeHub How-to-Guides (VIDEOS!)